8/2/09

The Search Begins

Day One

The search began for the right plan for loosing weight. At one time I weighed 365 pounds! For a 5 foot 4 inch female that was a tremendous burden. In 1987 I used the Medifast weight loss plan given through a hospital. It was fasting using liquid shakes only. I lost 75 pounds and have kept below 300 every since. This has been through a divorce, putting myself through college, the death of my mother, two layoffs, a ten year career as a 5th grade teacher, four major surgeries, and taking care of my elderly father for four years. Through all of this I managed to hold on and not gain weight. The last 4 months have been extremely difficult and I am beginning to gain weight again. I was forced to go on permanent disability after shattering my left femur in a fall, my father had two major strokes and passed away after 20 days of hospice, and the caregiver that was taking care of me stole over $4,000 from my bank accounts.

I went to Medifast today and listened to the facts and costs of the program. Now I am praying for the guidance that I need. I cannot endure bariatric surgery, staples or rubber bands in my body. Some might think Medifast is drastic but it worked for me in the past. My doctor approves and said he would monitor me and my therapist will help me through the emotional part of loosing the weight.

With so many ads, products, and promotions for loosing weight ~ I turn to God and His word:

Psalm 63:1 "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water."

I know He will guide me.

Lord, I come before you now longing for guidance. Help me to not be afraid. Give me boldness and self-control when it comes to dieting. Lord I thirst for your love and I want to be healed by your hand. In Christ's name I pray, Amen.




No comments: